It's time for a real five minute Friday. Time to be honest and remind myself what my voice sounds like.Today's word is perfect for that. It would be so easy for me to say I returned from my break from blogger and Facebook refreshed, closer to God and ready to live in real time. But real life isn't always that neat. I intended to go no blogger, no Facebook for as long as some people in my youth group were not texting. I cheated numerous times. I went on FB the day before the week was up, and somehow ended up reading blogs far before then.
But I learned and grew, even when I didn't realize I was. I rediscovered the beauty of spending hours reading, in talking to someone and not trying to come up with a status in my head at the same time. (Fuuny how I've never realized how terrible that is)
Very slowly I'm learning to live in the now...
In the awesome weather we've been having lately
In finally compiling my list of addresses for support letters and writing one I feel good about
In having a quiet evening to read and make brownies
In the quiet celebration of Psalms 18:16-19
In finding God alive beyond church and Bible and worship
In the crappy days, because it seems that whenever I have one, the next day always gets better
In knowing that my Savior's there somewhere in Numbers, even if I don't understand
In turning to him after my awful dream last night in which two of my connecting girls died and knowing he understands my mind even when I don't
In a long weekend, and copy and paste, and toasty warm sandwiches
In knowing it's definitely not about me
And yes, in sneaking blog posts and FB peeks every once in a while...
But I learned and grew, even when I didn't realize I was. I rediscovered the beauty of spending hours reading, in talking to someone and not trying to come up with a status in my head at the same time. (Fuuny how I've never realized how terrible that is)
Very slowly I'm learning to live in the now...
In the awesome weather we've been having lately
In finally compiling my list of addresses for support letters and writing one I feel good about
In having a quiet evening to read and make brownies
In the quiet celebration of Psalms 18:16-19
In finding God alive beyond church and Bible and worship
In the crappy days, because it seems that whenever I have one, the next day always gets better
In knowing that my Savior's there somewhere in Numbers, even if I don't understand
In turning to him after my awful dream last night in which two of my connecting girls died and knowing he understands my mind even when I don't
In a long weekend, and copy and paste, and toasty warm sandwiches
In knowing it's definitely not about me
And yes, in sneaking blog posts and FB peeks every once in a while...
alyssa, what a great take on delight. i am visiting from the link up of 5 minutes for friday. what are you sending support letters out for? i just would love to encourage you that my husband, 4 kids, and i have lived on missionary support for the past 3 years and God is faithful to provide for what He has called you to do.
ReplyDeletemy recent post: how to climb out of the emotional pit
Hi Alyssa, thanks for such a good post filled with important things to think about. I love it that you are seeking time away from electronics - I struggle with that too - sometimes they take so much time that it is easy to forget to take a walk or do other more creative things. Thanks also for bringing Psalm 18:16-19 to my attention - what a great passage to remind me that HE found ME. He reaches down and finds us where we are, rescues and supports us. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteYou. are. precious.
ReplyDeleteYour words always tickle my heart and launch my mind into a deeper understanding and greater appreciation of our God.
Thank YOU-
~Stacy
You have a lovely list of delights. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I know I need those times of social media hiatus. (But I usually end up cheating as well).
hi friend...passing by to invite you im hosting a tuesday bloghop...hope you join...if you feel to...your welcome...loves soraya
ReplyDelete