Friday, April 6, 2012

the truth about happy endings

Hey y'all!
It's Friday again. So write unscripted, mostly unedited and free for the next five minutes or so and link up here

Light

Light always wins. I'm not sure if it's in the Bible. but the idea's still there. Darkness has nothing on our God who IS life and light and love. That's what this week celebrates---happy endings where good always wins. Funny to think all those ridiculously cheesy Disney movies have a point. No matter how doltish the hero, no matter his or her station in life, somehow when pressed, the hero or heroine finds something to rise above the dark forces. Christ is never mentioned by name, but he's there. In the climax and in the moment where the tide is very slowly turned in good's favor. I've said it before and I'll say it again---Christ IS present everywhere we look. In movies and books and even in everyday life where sometimes it doesn't always feel like the good side is winning. But the good news is that we are way past the climax. Christ has risen already and the good has won. Romans 8 proclaims this huge prize we've just won. The tight hold of Jesus on our lives and the promise that no matter how bad things get, good will prevail.


Before baptism or communion or humankind was even invented
Before I knew his name
Before I---or anyone else, for that matter--- was born
Before I went to my very first mission trip
Before I even began fighting for what I love
Before my first 'loser moment'

...He has won.

Even now, when my computer doesn't work and I have mosquito bites and sunburn and heat rash and even a cold I picked up yesterday. He IS risen and we have won.
Happy Easter! 

1 comment:

  1. He IS risen indeed.

    And I feel ya on the yuck cold. No heat rash here, more like frost bite but still the cold. ;)
    Jessie at JessieGunderson.com

    ReplyDelete