Saturday, October 15, 2011

Snippets of God

 I'm taking a little hiatus from my Spanish project now to just write down my thoughts. This is a sort of piggyback blog on Stacy's pretty little blog called Heartprints of God. If you feel like joining in here's where you can

I felt God's touch mostly at night this week. The days are so crazy and full of absolutely normal, wonderful chaos, so it's only when I wind down, take my warm shower and spend the five minutes before my eyes are too heavy to keep open paging through the Word and just letting God share my tiredness. I've been going back to Psalm 25 a lot lately just echoing what is says and trusting God to keep the world spinning without me. Maybe not the greatest way to do quiet time, but it's where I am right now.



I saw God's love when I was completely frustrated yesterday with my computer and sitting on the floor pouting and crying because the stupid thing just was not doing what I needed it to do...and my dog curled up next to me and put her head under my hand. Once again, my baby girl helps calm me down when no one else can. God working through the small, dumb things to show his love to a sixteen year old girl.



I heard God's leading when I took the PSAT today. There was a section in which to choose a major I was most interested in. I've shied away from the whole college thing lately, but today I bubbled in the Special Ed bubble. It wasn't a huge deal, but it was the first time I had filled that thing out seriously. Maybe something will come of it? I also made a list of colleges to look into so maybe I should get on that, come to think of it...



I tasted God's goodness when we were outside standing in the crushing wind, praying, requests coming out of our lips all at the same time, together, but not. My small group went outside to try waterfall prayer yesterday. I didn't say anything, but just stood there, and felt His presence there with my sisters in Christ. I don't always feel close to these girls. They're a year younger then me and are together constantly, but there's always days like yesterday when we all just stand in His presence together. And it is good.


I experienced God's power on Wednesday when my youth pastor came back to church. He was in a bike accident last week and it was a complete freak accident. He was riding across a crosswalk and a car didn't stop and he flipped OVER the can. Thankfully all that was hurt was his calf and he was only in the hospital for a few hours.

Well, friends, we've lived through another week and God is still here, and we're still breathing and there's still things to do and places to see. But for now, let's rest in today and who we know ourselves to be and who we know God to be. I've been rereading Abba's Child, which I think I mentioned briefly yesterday. I stopped at a passage a few nights ago that said

Prayer is essentially the expression of our hearts longing for love. It is not so much the listing of our requests, but the breathing of our own deepest request to be united with God as fully as possible.
Enjoy the cozy book reading weather, y'all, and know that you are loved more then you could possibly understand.

2 comments:

  1. These are such beautiful heartprints, Alyssa Joy~

    In so many ways, God's heartprints in your life echo those in my own. I've felt God's love through our little dog Sally, too. :o) And, I'm so happy to hear God may be leading you to a career (ministry, perhaps?!) in Spec Ed. So thankful for God's protection and watchcare over your youth pastor, too. Sounds like God and you had a wonderful week together.

    Thanks for linking up....and most of all, for sharing your heartprints. You've encouraged my heart more than you could possibly know.

    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful writer, and love your hunger for God. I can sense through your blog that you want to please Him more than anything. Just remember He loves you regardless of how you perform! You are His beloved! :-)

    ReplyDelete