It's that time again:the heavenly end of the week, and I've got the day off school. :) So I'm in a pretty good mood today. Today is the day I get to refresh and reload anf reflect about the week in the midst of homework and Tim Horton runs, and just kcik off my shoes and write for five minutes...or more. Today's theme is beyond
It's strange to think about God when I really sit down and think about him. The fact that he's beyond time, and space and the craziness that enfolds my daily life, but somehow he's more a part of it then I could possibly know. He's more present and involved in my getting up and lying down and gorging myself on delicious chocolate chip muffins then I could possibly know. He's better, more loving, more accepting then anything I could wrap my head around. Which must be why there are times where I look at a particularily woeful or harsh passage and think Huh? That's how God chose to reveal himself? Of course later, in Jesus, God really got to show off who he was, but some of the books of th Bible really don't have to be there, the ones that deal with people dying and the 'holy destructuion' of cities, but again, that's God being God. All I have to do to believe that is take a big whiff of Jesus, and I know there's a reason for doing what he does. It's just something otherworldly and goosebumpy and beyond anything I could understand. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact of Jesus, and it's already tangling my head in a good way, and I haven't even started the Old Testament. The main point I get from the Bible is that God and life and death or so much more then what I could possibly fathom. I was venting to God last night about how sometimes he feels like just another thing to check off, homework, family time, eating, hygiene, quiet time, praying continually, check, check, check. There's always going to be another assignment, a day where the only break I get is going to the bathrooom---ONCE, but again, He is, he was, and he always will be, even after hjigh school and college and the ridiculous amount of things that have to get done during this three day weekend. Somehow, I need to larn that He'll take care of it, whatever it is, whenever it happenes. There's always more, always that one thing I still have to do, and he's promised he'll never leave me or forsake me through all of it. And that's more then enough. Just remind me of that on Monday :)
So how are you all doing? Anything fun happeneing over where you are? Favorite books/ book reccommendations? I think I'm running out again.
Another thought: Could you guys be praying for m little Compassion girl, Karla? I haven't got a chance since Spetember to do much more then think about her, and I keep meaning to write her, but in the meantime, would you guys help me in surrounding her with God?
Have a fantastic weekend y'all
Prayed for Karla to be surrounded by God's love. Praying also for God to surround you with His love.
ReplyDeleteRead Psalm 139 for how God really does know when we sit down and when we rise up because He cares about the details of our lives.
Glad you vent to God also...He cares about what we think...after I vent, then I stop and ask Him to show me what I need to know or do.
Blessings!
Hey there! Thanks for following!
ReplyDeleteYour post reminded me of my favorite psalm... 121.
"I will lift up mine eyes unto the mountains:
from whence shall my help come?
My help cometh from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth."
The entire psalm is amazing but this is my favorite part.
Have a nice weekend!