It's Friday. The day of the week to look back and reflect and pour out words without thinking about how you sound. As always, if you want to join in, link up at Gypsy Mama with your own thoughts on rememberance.
Savior I come
Quiet my soul
Remember
Redemption's hill
Where yout blood was spilled
For my ransom
And everything I once held dear
I count it all as loss
I wanted to write about my testimony tonight, but I'm finding it hard to type more then a few words right now. This has been one heck of a week and right now I'm fixing to forget everything. The nasty email I sent on Friday to a teacher and the discussion that resulted on Monday and the tears that ensued. The hurt feelings on both sides and the exasperation of thinking what now? The episode of Wednesday where this same teacher told me my presentation was 'unprofessional' and made this whole half of the week thoroughly unenjoyable, at least in that hour. God has been faithful, but right now, I'm beginning to wonder what he'll make out of this week. I'm tired and run down but somehow I still believe he's there. That's the one amazing thing about faith is that I can never seem to shake what I believe about Jesus. And for that, at least, I'm thankful.
He's here.
He's alive
And he's working all things for our good.
((hugs))
ReplyDeleteWe've all been there sister.
Oh, Alyssa Joy...
ReplyDeleteYou are such an inspiration to me. At the end of your post I found words to tuck into my heart and to hold onto during the testing / trying times of life:
"That's the one amazing thing about faith is that I can never seem to shake what I believe about Jesus. And for that, at least, I'm thankful.
He's here.
He's alive
And he's working all things for our good."
Amen! When everything else seems to fall apart and come unraveled, hold on to that truth...and then, with an expectant heart, look for God to bring purpose from the pain, and something truly amazing from the ugly.
Lifting you up in prayer tonight and thanking God for the faith I see in you-
~Stacy
I love you Alyssa! Your faith inspires me.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grace