Saturday, November 12, 2011

Five Minute Friday...A Day Late...Again: Unexpected

Sheesh. I used to have a perfect schedule of when I would get stuff done...Friday-FMF, Saturday homework and Sunday Sabbath, but that seems to be shifting as we work to wrap up this trimester. Anyone else with me? My organization is starting to slip, my planner died an unfortunate death, only resusiciated by my dad, and seeing as every single teacher wants their class policies back from the beginning of the trimester, I think I have some scrambling to do.
Jon Acuff's post hearing your name for the first time was playing in my head this morning. After a night of craziness, following five sophomore girls all over a church building, singing with women who truly loved God with everything they were and eating the equivalent of my body weight in chocolate, I woke up this morning feeling completely disillusioned with hearing Jesus' name over and over again, but not being focused on Him at all. So maybe atmospheres like that don't always guarantee a brush of God. And in all of this week's craziness, my Bible appears to be off and on---I ended up in Malachi last night with no idea as of how in the world I got there. I think I was trying to prelude the beginning of Matthew and Luke as the Christmas season approaches, but that is one weird book. It's four chapters of God getting really, really mad with his people because they're getting jealous of what they think the other people around them have. I think it's the closest God ever gets to smacking His people upside the head and yelling Listen to me! I am the answer. You don't need people to love you or think well of you. You don't need success at what you do. Heck, you don't even need life. You need ME. I am yours, so what the heck do you think you're doing looking elsewhere? And then four hundred years later, he sends the ultimate gift to prove that everything he had been trying to say was true. We are his. That's who we are. Mine, says the Lord. Mine.
That's how God appears.
When one doesn't expect him
When one believes all hope is lost
When there's no possible chance of anything happening apart from him.
All I can say is Lord, hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment