For whatever reason, today's word surprised me a little.Is it really possible for His people to be tired and grouchy and just had enough? Is that OK? What happens when I get sick of God? Of the obligation tied to Christianity; reading his word and praying and not doing bad things and turning to him instead of worrying. Sometimes that can be nothing more than a major pain in the butt. Guilt and the feeling of should I have done something different or handled that differently and knowing that the past is over and there's nothing anyone can do to bring it back and redo it.
I guess I've been living with the mentality of not being able to be tired or cranky when I want to be. It could be a good thing, but not when I'm so focused on that that I forget about him. Sometimes I can relate more to the Pharisees than to the disciples, how they felt like they had to do something to really be a Christian. And I kinda realized this whole week, maybe longer, I was totally focused on me and how I was acting and how I thought people saw my actions. That's why I was tired.
That's why I didn't feel like I had time to do the things I wanted to do, because I was so focusd on what I thought was important that I forgot him and who he knew me to be. In knitting my life together, he must have known that there would be days I just didn't feel like it. He, better then anyone, knows how after nine o'clock at night, all sense goes out of the window and I become a blubbering wreck at whatever I'm trying to do. The thing I'm slowly learning on this quiet Sunday afternoon is that he's totally OK with sharing my tiredness and crap from the week. Sometimes lying on the floor and staring at the Christmas lights is the best thing in the world for this soul, and he knows that. He knows what videos I'm going to watch, what blogs and books and magazines I read before I even try to crack my eyes open, and somehow he chooses to touch me through those. Even though they're brainsuckers and time wasters, they're how the Most High chooses to touch my heart on this blustery Sunday afternoon.And I think I'm OK with that.
Cast all of your anxiety (worry,self consciousness, PMS, sleeplessness, uncertainty) on him for he cares for you.
How crazy is that?
Mmmm - right there with you. Love how personal your relationship sounds with our Father. Visiting from Gypsy Mamma!
ReplyDelete