Friday, September 16, 2011

Another Friday: In Which I Write For Five Minutes

The woods would be very silent if no bird sang except those who sang best
~ Henry Van Dyke

Happy Friday everyone! All two or three people who read this every Friday. He. Another semi successful week has come and gone and I'm still alive and breathing and believing God is good. As a celebration of this, would you guys join me in my Five Minute Friday.As a way of thinking through the week and being totally candid. Removing the masks that we can put up, even over the internet and showing ourselves as we are. Today's theme (according to Gypsy Mama---LOVE  her by the way :)) is joy. For those of you who don't know the drill, we write for five minutes about the keyowrd given. Or nor. You could be completely random if you wanted and it would be alright. And then we link back to www.thegypsymama.com and visit whoever went before you.

Joy
Is my middle name. Sometimea. By birth yes, but not always in nature. The definition of joy is being content no matter what the circumstances, trusting that even the evil and messy stuff will turn out to be for the greater good. Trusting that no matter how many people I yell at or tests I fail or tears I cry, my God is still there and He still saves. No matter the girl that I'm struggling to love or the argument I had with my parents that could have been avoided or even the movie I saw last Sunday that I should never have agreed to (Never, by the way, see Columbiana. It scared the living daylights out of me and left a horrible feeling in my gut. Not pleasant nor the thing I want to watch right before I go to bed) Joy is trusting that God has me right in the palm of his hand. Always. I think  joy is keeping the picture of Jesus in my head, memorizing his eyes, his hands, his smile and always looking forwards to the day I finally get to see them for myself. Joy is remembering where I come from and where the people around me come from. Accepting that I am accepted by him who is greater then me, by a grace that I don't need to look for or memorize in order for it to be present. Joy is watching my sister dance while doing homework, an afternoon at the orchard, a really, really, good book. It can be a pretty sunset or eight girls sitting around just talking about life. Joy can be days like today where I just wake up feeling good, but more so I find it where I wouldn't expect it. Like an encouraging email sent that never recieved a reply or a plan for my life that I still don't understand. Joy is found in all of these things while knowing at the same time that the best is still yet to come.

End

I was so wrapped up in that I totally forgot to talk about the quote at the start of the blog post. Shoot. But I really want to go read all of the other blog posts for today,so maybe I'll just talk about it next week...

Thank you so much to anyone who read this . Come back soon and invite people! I feel like a dolt saying that but I kinda like feeling like I'm actually talking to someone when I do this.

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa Joy,

    You are talking to someone! ME! :-)

    I can't tell you how blessed I am to read your 5 minute Friday post. I posted at Gypsy Mama right after you and I always read the post of at least the person before me. You were a divine appointment for me today. You may not realize the power of your words, but I do. Your post brought tears to my eyes because it was so YOU. I felt like I could know you, and perhaps I do through other young women like you. I love your description of joy being memorizing Jesus' eyes, hands and smile. And I love everything you shared! Thank you so much for being obedient to share your heart here. You never know who God is going to lead here to be blessed by your sharing! :-) -Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, Alyssa Joy, you're talking to me! These words especially spoke to my heart...."Joy is trusting that God has me right in the palm of his hand. Always. I think joy is keeping the picture of Jesus in my head, memorizing his eyes, his hands, his smile and always looking forwards to the day I finally get to see them for myself.".

    In fact, I hope you don't mind, but I'm taking those words with me in my heart and God willing, I will use them each day in my life, as I look for joy.

    Linda is right. You never know who God will lead here....so.....keep writing....and keep blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete