Two of the blogs I read- Ashleyy Mays and Gypsy Mam--do a 5 minute Friday where you write. For five minutes. It's okay if it's not perfect, but you can't go back and edit once you're done. It's just a spillage of words onto paper, for the love of writing. So why not come join the fun?
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back to Gypsy Mama and invite others to join in on your own post.
3. Go a little overboard encouraging the writer who linked up before you.
Here we go
Rest is somethng high schoolers never seem to get. Especially in the middle of the week with homework,schedules and projects pressing on on every side. Sometimes it seems like rest is impossible , just anoth task to check off tee list. But that's not what God intnded. Somehow, when he created the world, he wantedd us to set apart a whole day to just chill. That's not what I see sometimes when He talks about rest. I don't always get to see the God that just wants me to be still in his prescence. I see God through my lenses, that of school and friends and family and all the requests they put on me, however unknowingly. I see him through my checklist. Have I spent my alloted God time today? Have I prayed for more then five minutes? And if I don't, I feel foolish. Like who let this girl become a Christian?
OK! So I edited a little there. It's my first time, give me a break:) Now you try it!
are you kidding me?! you are so cute! God freaking loves your cute self! He's happy to spend time with you WHILE you are with your friends and family and doing homework...God is there. Let him join you while you do anything....Be blessed!
ReplyDeleteKelly this made me smile! Thanks so much!
ReplyDelete