Friends have been a weird topic for me lately. Some friends I've had since eighth grade, I rarely talk to anymore and some people who I never knew existed, let alone thought of as potential friend material who have turned out to be some of the dearest people I know. One of the struggles God hears the most about is a group of friends he has carefully pried away from me since I entered high school. I'm still a little confused about everything and it's a constant struggle sometimes. Even with my closer friends, I'm always worried I don't fit in or that I did or said something wrong. In my youth group, in my small group, even in the random pockets of friends I have tucked into my school day. I'm always asking myself if I really belong and sometimes the answer confuses the heck out of me. I love the second post I posted when I officially started this blog about a makeshift herd and how I am surrounded by people who love me. I reread it today, because for a number of reasons, I needed the reminder that I was loved. And seriously guys, whoever's reading this and feels the same way, even if it's only for a hour or a day, please leave a comment so we can mingle in our loneliness and just know that we're never alone.
It's been a rough week. I actually got a (I think) unfair detention this week, that just happens to be on the same day I was supposed to lead a Bible study.Just one of those things, I guess. And then I lose my lunch bag and my binder, find my lunch bag but not my binder, find out that several of my friends hate eachother right now...yeah, it was fun. I had a Sanctus Real song stuck in my head the other day and just felt like it was singing exactly what was in my head at that point, especially the verses. The chorus I guess is all a mater of faith, holding onto Jesus through the craziness. I'll post the song somehow so you can 'see my week' :)
Again, this post was inspired by Gypsy Mama, so if you feel like joining in on FMF at 10 o'clock on a Friday night or later this weekend, link up here and join the fun. Have a great week guys!
thanks for stopping by my blog!!! And, at almost 30, I can still totally relate to feeling lonely at times. I think females crave real friendship--we were created to need it. And high school is hard time. It's so hard. Glad that you can cling to truth in the midst of that!!
ReplyDelete